Outreach Strategies, LLC (OS), a leading communications and public affairs firm focused on creating positive environmental and social change, is hiring an Account Executive (AE) or Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our Washington office. Our new team member will be a self-starter with a positive attitude and strong attention to detail.
OS is a mission-driven firm that designs and implements best-in-class advocacy programs that achieve meaningful results on large-scale environmental, natural resources and social justice challenges. Our clients are some of the most well-respected and best-known organizations and companies in the world and we take great pride in partnering with them on some of the highest profile campaigns anywhere.
Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 (AE) or 3-5 (SAE) years of experience in public relations, public affairs, government relations, non-profit communications or a related field.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic candidate to gain valuable hands-on strategic communications experience as part of a small, highly collaborative team. The AE/SAE will play a key role in supporting multiple clients with media, research, writing and account management needs. OS is conveniently located next to the Farragut North Metro and across from all of the food trucks of your choice.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Support engagements by being fully integrated into client teams and cultivating relationships with clients, reporters and other stakeholders
- Research, write and edit substantive materials, including strategy memos, plans, and persuasive pieces
- Implement client communications plans including developing digital campaigns, managing online conversations, pitching stories and engaging external stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze and report on news, policy developments and online conversations related to client issues and interests
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organization abilities, attention to detail and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task, work quickly to meet deadlines, and proactively communicate with team members about prioritization and timelines
- Experience producing materials for client and public distribution, such as media advisories, press releases, op-eds, talking points, factsheets, etc.
- Experience conducting policy and media research and distilling findings into concise reports and recommendations
- Familiarity or interest in climate, energy, water or sustainability issues a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com