Account Manager Outreach Strategies (OS), a global communications and public affairs firm dedicated to promoting sustainability and positive environmental outcomes at the national and international levels, is hiring an Account Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. Founded in 2009, OS engages at the nexus of communications, business and public policy in the areas of sustainability, energy, water, climate, agriculture and other pressing natural resource issues. Our team of experts works alongside some of the most forward-thinking organizations, coalitions, foundations and companies in the world to develop and execute award-winning communications and fast-paced advocacy campaigns. Current and past clients include Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Energy Foundation, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread and KPMG. For more information about OS, please visit outreachstrategies.com. Description and Responsibilities: We are seeking an energetic and experienced Account Manager to join our Washington, D.C., office. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the senior leadership team. The candidate must have media relations, rapid response experience and exemplary writing and communications skills. Ideal candidates will also have experience on environmental, energy and issue advocacy campaigns and familiarity with digital tools and strategies. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily interaction with clients to manage projects and complete client deliverables.
- Prepare communications plans, memos, media kits, messaging platforms and pitch strategies for clients.
- Lead and manage rapid response efforts around specific issue areas.
- Develop and guide social media campaigns and strategy and create timely, relevant social media content for clients.
- Lead media campaigns, including writing and issuing press releases, pitching media and securing placements in state, national and international outlets.
- Execute media tours, event launches and multimedia campaigns.
- 3-5 years demonstrated public relations experience in an agency or campaign environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or other applicable field.
- Experience working with the media, including successful media placements and relationship building, is required.
- Familiarity with social media and digital strategy and content.
- Superior communications skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in written format.
- Familiarity and experience working with environmental and energy issues.
- Strong initiative and a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated team player with demonstrated ability to multitask and deliver results both individually and as part of a team.
- Proficient in: MS Office Suite, Cision or other media databases, solid understanding of social media platforms and best practices. Final Cut and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Outreach Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Share this post: