OS is hiring. We're seeking a dynamic and experienced Account Manager to join our growing Washington, D.C., office. Applicants must have strong media relations and writing skills. Ideal candidates will also have experience on environmental, conservation and issue advocacy campaigns. Description and Responsibilities: We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Account Manager to join our Washington, D.C., office. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the senior leadership team. Candidate must have agency-based media relations experience and exemplary writing skills. Ideal candidates will also have experience on environmental, conservation and issue advocacy campaigns. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily interaction with clients to manage projects and complete client deliverables.
- Prepare communications plans, memos, media kits, messaging platforms and pitch strategies for clients.
- Craft media releases and advisories, develop and maintain media lists and coverage reports.
- Lead media campaigns, including issuing press releases, media advisories, pitching media and securing placements in state, national and international outlets.
- Guide social media campaigns and form timely, relevant social media posts for clients with proper attention to tone and platform.
- Execute media tours, event launches and multi-media campaigns.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated agency experience in public relations communications, including understanding of client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or other applicable field.
- Proven track record of media engagement.
- Familiarity and experience working with environmental and sustainability issues.
- Superior communications skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in written format with clients and the media.
- Strong initiative and a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated team player with demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver results both individually and as part of a larger team.
- Form timely, relevant social media posts for clients with proper attention to tone and platform.
- Proficient in: MS Office Suite, Cision or other media databases, solid understanding of social media platforms and best practices. Final Cut and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Outreach Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Share this post: